It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Welcome
Welcome to the Veteran Racers League

We are a group of racing enthusiasts who play NASCAR The Game: Inside Line on the xbox360. It is ran like a regular racing series with practices, qualifying, racing, standings and even penalties. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features.

Registrations need Administrator approval, so be patient in waiting for your confirmation email. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free. Make sure when you signup to use you xbox Live gamertag as your forum username.

Click here to join our community today!

Post subject: NTG 2011 Setup Info
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:53 pm 
VRL Silver
VRL Silver

Pulled this fromDave Thompson (Eutechnyx) twitter page

Quote:
barns95
One question is all I ask! In locked setup race online, Can we adjust wedge, tire psi, track bar, and tape? thanks

davet_etx
Whilst set ups are locked you'll still be able to perform a normal pit stop and make changes

barns95
So.....the normal pit adjustments I metioned will be able to be changed during the pit stops? I know this is 2, but want 2 b sure

davet_etx
Yes, that is correct, wedge, tire PSI, track bar and tape

So this begs a couple of questions. First and foremost, do we go ahead with the NOX360 league merger? If so, then I think we need to change this league to locked setups with pit road changes. This will make sure that all competition is fair. I know some of you don’t want the merger unless everything can be locked. Well I don’t disagree but I also have to look at the fact that if we leave it at locked setups there will still be doubt that someone may be cheating by being able to make changes on pit road during the race. If we add pit road changes, then there will not be any doubt about whether someone is cheating. They can’t, unless they are hacking the game. Some of us used to race with Veteran setup and pit road changes. I does add a new dimension to the game but it does take more testing to be able to come up with a fast setup and that is why we got rid of it. Theoretically we should have more time to create these”pit road setups” because we are not running Nationwide or Camping World series. It may help if drivers posted their test times. We used to do that way back when just to give someone a target to try and get near.

Please weigh in on this. I’m of the opinion that if we can create a ruleset that we know nobody can cheat then we should do it. It really sucks trying to figure out if someone is cheating, make a decision and hope you’re right.

TitaniumWayne's Championships
5 Sprint
1 Nationwide
1 Camping World
2 Team
2 Manufacturer
5 ALL-STAR Wins
5 Sprint Unlimited Wins

Post subject: Re: NTG 2011 Setup Info
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:19 pm 
Sprint Silver
Sprint Silver

yeah i just seen this and ............well.............i dont have any idea. if we don't change with the game and let more people in we will only have 5 or so people racing. then on the other had some of us just don't have the time to do all the test that will be needed to be fast.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:24 am 
Nationwide Silver
Nationwide Silver

I agree with Jumped. It sure would be nice to take the whole question of cheating out of the mix, but it would mean a lot more practice would be needed to be competitive. Hmmmmm......

VRL Sprint Cup Season 2 Champion!
VRL Season 3 IROC Champion!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:04 am 
VRL Silver
VRL Silver

I would agree that more practice would be needed but anyone who thinks they are just going to drop this game in their xbox and be fast out of the box is probably kidding themselves. I know I had planned on practicing a lot just to get the feel of the new driving physics.
Teams are supposed to share information. That is part of why we have them. This would be a great opportunity for teams to actually do something "teamlike".
Having the option of getting rid of cheating once and for all is a big draw to me. How fast any person is going to be is a question that still remains to be answered and speculating on rules based on unanswered questions . . . well . . . . just doesn't seem to be the right way to lean.

TitaniumWayne's Championships
5 Sprint
1 Nationwide
1 Camping World
2 Team
2 Manufacturer
5 ALL-STAR Wins
5 Sprint Unlimited Wins

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:25 pm 
Sprint Silver
Sprint Silver

everybody will need practice to be good at the game but thats not the point. the point is some of us will not get to play as much as others and will not get the testing time in to be as fast as others but if having pit road changes aloud will get us more drivers then thats the way we need to go. we just need to (1) see when the game comes out or (2) see if we can find the info.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:48 pm 
i agree with jumped i have school and soon to have a job so its going to be hard to sit their and practice to get fast. but im not the boss i just hope there is no cheating in Nascar 2011 The Game LOL :lol: :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:16 pm 
Nationwide Bronze
Nationwide Bronze

Well, here's my "two cents worth".
1) I would like it if we had more drivers like Jumped said.
2) With pit only changes it would sure bring in the "team" concept of sharing info. If you had at least one team member that could do some testing it sure could bring the other team member(s) up to speed that couldn't get in much testing.
3) It does suck trying to figure out if someone is cheating. If we could take the cheating out of the equation, that would be great.